too busy to read a full recap of what the speakers had to say at the art of
Marketing Chicago conference today.
here are 10 bite sized quotes that provoke action: my notes and via Twitter #TAOM.
Why Marketers should be
1. "commodity is just a marketer that has given
up" - Seth Godin
2. "competence is no longer a scarce commodity"
- Seth Godin
3. "…we use our wealth to get weirder, we use wealth
to be more like ourselves" - Seth
4. (pt 1) "Give a shit first, then maybe consumers
will be interested in you”
5. (pt 2) "..yes and they [customers] talk back now, we
have to respect that via good cop marketing" – Gary Vaynerchuk
Leadership in 2012
6. "lead with generosity, intimacy, candor and accountability"
- Keith Ferrazzi
7. It's Critical to shift from "Stumbling into
intimacy" to a relationship strategy.
Consider what are you ‘selling’ vs what people
are ‘buying’ - "Ask how can I
serve you" - Keith Ferrazzi
8. "Do exactly what I tell you" is the 'Factory' model that no longer works –
9. all a ‘bounce rate’ tells you is that "I came, I puked, and then
left" - Avinash Kaushik
10. "do you work on a brand that has the right to be
on the home page of your smart phone ?” - Mitch Joel
P.S. Im saving @avinash’s salacious quotes
for a deep dive post, and will leave you with the thought, that a book called: Puke.Boom.Orgasm.Awesome is in his destiny.