- (Microsoft beats Apple?) Once Is Chance, Twice is Coincidence, Third Time Is A Trend
- (Ideas that spread) Be Contagious
- (Creative Inspiration) To create_______that you can't imagine any other way
- (Twitter 101) NOT on Twitter READ this. Already convinced - SEND this!
- (Storytelling) Random Acts of Fusion Muscle Music !
7. (Copywriting) Slightly Less Dissappointing Than Other Companies
8. (Motivation) The Art of Marketing - Quotes that provoke ACTION
9. (Brand Storytelling) Creating magic....with tin foil (aluminum wrap)
10. (Pinterest!) Pinterest - one simple tip to avoid faliure
I can't help but notice that the square is making a slow comeback, as the Microsoft
blog announced their new logo today. Despite a mix of cynicism, and support this instantly elegant logo evokes very few alternative brands, as only FLOR, Weber Shandwick and JCP come to mind. To prove my point even Square - the mobile payment brand uses rounded edges in their logo!
So, could a humble sharp edge be a case of simple, yet relevant differentiation? Will the geometrically 2D square edge become the 'new' round(ed) ? Might
Square, or Apple embrace straight lines.....? Is your brand a follower or a leader ? It's been said that once is chance, twice is coincidence, and third is enemy action a trend!
STOP PRESS: Microsoft's timing is impeccable! With the August 24th announcement of Apple's patent victory vs Samsung, perhaps brands will adopt the 2D square edge much quicker than envisioned.
Okay so on ocassions you get a ticker..........or a static graphic....
Stop Press: Read more here where it was reported in April that ESPN would have the technology in August ready to serve ads ....on the iPad
In case you missed some of them, here are your favourite posts this year:
- a review of the must have social media marketing book Wikipedia + Mentor + Superpower = #micromktg
- My unshakable relationship with a coffee brand Loyalty beyond reason = Nespresso
- Product innovation of the year candidate ?? Free #Summermash IPhone Bumper
- The catwalk comes to the nappy (diaper) category the war of nappies
- A simple and effective brand refresh How to refresh brand equity without alienating your audience
- Comeback brand of the year How #oldspice rescued 30' ads
- The best Christmas ad bar none this year Hyundai vs #Pamplamoose = outlandish soundclash
- A must read marketing rant The trouble with swatting flies
- Delightful US (football) world cup coverage ESPN world cup so far so good
- Hmmm.... already out of date Twitter tips ! Twitter 101 smart twips and top links