- (Microsoft beats Apple?) Once Is Chance, Twice is Coincidence, Third Time Is A Trend
- (Ideas that spread) Be Contagious
- (Creative Inspiration) To create_______that you can't imagine any other way
- (Twitter 101) NOT on Twitter READ this. Already convinced - SEND this!
- (Storytelling) Random Acts of Fusion Muscle Music !
7. (Copywriting) Slightly Less Dissappointing Than Other Companies
8. (Motivation) The Art of Marketing - Quotes that provoke ACTION
9. (Brand Storytelling) Creating magic....with tin foil (aluminum wrap)
10. (Pinterest!) Pinterest - one simple tip to avoid faliure
The rather nonsensical title of this post is to inspire you by highlighting the creative heights that celebrity laden brand videos now deliver....
Old Spice's Muscle Music
6M views as at Sept 1st 2012: Youtube/Vimeo - official pages only.
Stop Press: now at 9M as at 6th Jan 2013
Ford's Random Acts of Fusion
90K views (as at Sept. 1st 2012 on Youtube) - 5 videos in the series.
Stop Press: now at 1M as at 6th Jan 2013 (many, many more videos)
Its great to see Ford's passion for episodic scripted storytelling, self deprecating humour, and sharp casting (with Joel McHale, Kate Micucci and Ryan Seacrest).
Just don't ask for an ROI, what the budget was, or define the quality of their work by the number of views.....(and for the record no one at Ford asked me to write this, and my current car is from a Japanese brand)...
9.4.12 - Stop Press: So, if you have gotten this far you must believe that the strategy and metrics driving this campaign go far beyond 'viral video/youtube views'.
1.6.13 - Stop Press: ...So I can't leave this campaign alone.
1. Creativity and Context are powerful
- For example, lets quickly look at this from the Sales department perspective - they can now call their retail partners in the full confidence that their brand has been elevated, eulogised and is front page news. The call or visit will run smoother, the promo plan will be seen more favourably, the orders will be placed more promptly.
- Now Imagine being the Old Spice brand management folks who are now able to show metrics that are transparent to product development, design, finance, customer services....they can now more easily demonstrate the value they can add, they can show engagement growth, viewers, new prospects, influence change, brand image improvement etc etc.
4. Raising the Bar
The challenge has been set to every brand mananger and marketing/ad agency out there. What are you doing to get a consumer to care about your brand, that doesn't involve the easy option of maintaining the status quo or doing the same old thing?
That's the kind of challenge that makes me LOVE what I do.
Disclosure - despite being a former P and G employee, yet a competetitor deodorant brand user, the thoughts here are without any predetermined bias for or against Old spice.