- (Microsoft beats Apple?) Once Is Chance, Twice is Coincidence, Third Time Is A Trend
- (Ideas that spread) Be Contagious
- (Creative Inspiration) To create_______that you can't imagine any other way
- (Twitter 101) NOT on Twitter READ this. Already convinced - SEND this!
- (Storytelling) Random Acts of Fusion Muscle Music !
I can't help but notice that the square is making a slow comeback, as the Microsoft
blog announced their new logo today. Despite a mix of cynicism, and support this instantly elegant logo evokes very few alternative brands, as only FLOR, Weber Shandwick and JCP come to mind. To prove my point even Square - the mobile payment brand uses rounded edges in their logo!
So, could a humble sharp edge be a case of simple, yet relevant differentiation? Will the geometrically 2D square edge become the 'new' round(ed) ? Might
Square, or Apple embrace straight lines.....? Is your brand a follower or a leader ? It's been said that once is chance, twice is coincidence, and third is enemy action a trend!
STOP PRESS: Microsoft's timing is impeccable! With the August 24th announcement of Apple's patent victory vs Samsung, perhaps brands will adopt the 2D square edge much quicker than envisioned.
No surprises - eg 'Rule 2' is a reminder that brands co-create their message as they no longer own it. 'Rule 10' 'Hire Us' is a call to action, but, hey ! It did its job by getting Weber front of mind in a sea of agencies....
P.S.....anyone else notice perhaps an homage to JCP's latest logo/US campaign ?